Tuesday, March 17, 2009

By Patrick N Warren
If you are reading this article and is middle aged, it is pretty safe to say that you have, at some point, heard of prostate. In fact, you've probably heard a LOT of things about the prostate and the problems associated with it. It's easy to be completely overwhelmed and confused by all the information, medical terms, and "take caution" articles out there. If so, then reading this article will help you understand more about prostate health, wellness, and longevity and answer some of the common confusions around it!

Let's first start by explaining what the prostate is: The prostate is a walnut-sized gland in the male reproductive system, located just below the bladder, which surrounds part of the urethra (the canal that empties the bladder). On an average, the prostate is made up of about 30% muscular tissue, while the remaining 70% are glandular tissues.

This small (but vital) gland plays a huge role in the daily life and sexual health of all men. The main function of a man's prostate is not only to store, but also to secrete a somewhat alkaline fluid that forms part of semen (this fluid helps to prolong the "lifespan" of sperm). Also, the prostates' smooth muscle structure, aids in its other primary function - helping to expel semen during ejaculation.

Now that we understand what the prostate is, where it is located, and what it does... let's talk why it is important and how to keep prostate healthy. By the age of 40, most men will experience prostate growth - this is not uncommon - but if the prostate grows too large it can cause problems such as BPH and other more serious conditions.

Of these conditions BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) is the most common and affects almost 50-75% of men over the age of 50. Symptoms of BPH include: frequent urgency to urinate, difficulty or painful urination, and a feeling of incomplete bladder emptying. But what causes BPH? Quite simply - BPH is caused by an enlarged prostate.

An enlarged prostate happens when prostate cells start to multiply. The multiplication of these cells exerts pressure on the urethra - the "exit tube" for urine and semen. This pressure creates a narrowing of the urethra, which in turn causes the bladder to contract more vigorously for urine and semen to exit. Eventually, the bladder becomes overly sensitive and results in annoying, frequent, and at times, painful trips to the bathroom. Above all, it can also make your sex life, extremely troublesome!

If you find yourself suffering from any of these symptoms then you may need to take it seriously! There are several all-natural prostate vitamins that can aid in alleviating these symptoms and difficulties associated with it. The powerful herbal product, Saw Palmetto is a great 100% safe berry that appears to be effective than popular man-made drugs and medications.

Studies also show that the effects of Beta-Sitosterol (the ultimate prostate fuel), plus two breakthrough super phytonutrients: Lycopene and Soy Isoflavone, also provide support for proper prostate nutrition and urinary function- all while rejuvenating and energizing your sex drive too!

Another key reason to pay attention to your prostate's health and nutrition is because, for some men, prostate symptoms aggravates more than BPH. In these circumstances, it is recommended to consult a physician and determine prostate PSA (prostate-specific antigen).

PSA... one of those terms you've probably heard before... but aren't quite sure of what it is or how it related to prostate. Well, here's how: PSA is a protein, produced by the prostate and released into the bloodstream. The amount of PSA in the blood typically increases as the prostates size increases. However, these levels can also be elevated due to injury, a DRE (digital rectal exam), sexual activity, or even BPH. A simple blood test is all you need to determine your PSA.

Now that we've discussed what the prostate is, where it is located, and some of the warning signs of prostate health trouble, your prostate health and wellness questions, as well as several key steps to maintaining prostate longevity... Don't become a victim to your prostate! It doesn't have to be a ticking time bomb that just keeps growing larger. Take action now! The sooner you take control of your prostate health and nutrition, the likelier you are to take Control of your Life, eradicate the pain and embarrassment of prostate health troubles and Rejuvenate your Sex drive.

You can find this product on http://www.goldshielddirect.com/prostate-health-complex.html

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Patrick_N_Warren


Post a Comment


Cancer Information Headline Animator